APLUS: African American English Dialectal Influences on Sentence Structure is a Course
APLUS: African American English Dialectal Influences on Sentence Structure
Ended Oct 2, 2022
Full course description
As you complete this course, you will:
- learn what a dialect is and how it can affect how we communicate.
- distinguish the deficit position from the different position when analyzing the views of a non-mainstream dialect.
- demonstrate awareness of negative systemic associations towards African American English (AAE) dialect and negatively impact the dialect speakers.
- understand some of the syntactical and morphological differences between MAE (mainstream American English) and SAE.
- learn principles of Standard English instruction in the curriculum when teaching speakers of non-mainstream dialects.